Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Heavenly Father Loves Me



A few days ago I was driving up Provo Canyon and was listening to this song on the Mormon Music Channel. Although I've heard it many times before, I couldn't help but get slightly emotional as I listened carefully to the words while looking at the surrounding clouds and mountains. It actually caught me off guard with the power of its impact.

The remainder of the week was spent pondering the words of this beautiful song. I had the opportunity to spend two days with the young men at their high adventure camp near Moab.  Two nights were spent sleeping under the star-filled night sky.  It was awe-inspiring to look up and see his countless creations without the interference of the city lights.

After returning from camp, I had to trim some bushes in our yard and while trimming, a beautiful monarch slowly landed on a bush about a foot away from my face.  It was well worth two minutes to simply watch it move across the flowers. Once again, the words of this powerful song came to mind.

It seems when we are ready to listen, the Lord is more than willing to teach.  This week, I've pondered Moses 6:63:
And behold, all things have their likeness, and all things are created and made to bear record of me, both things which are temporal, and things which are spiritual; things which are in the heavens above, and things which are on the earth, and things which are in the earth, and things which are under the earth, both above and beneath: all things bear record of me.

Truly, all things above and beneath bear record of him. If we look around, we'll see the signs and wonders which surround us continually. I knew last week it was this song that should be shared on the next blog entry and ironically as I searched for this song I found it in a video which was put together by a close friend. He's done a fabulous job putting this together and he captures the spirit of the song and words.  Please take a second to watch and listen to the words of this wonderful song. As I look for Christ in everything that surrounds me, it's helped me be more patient, kind, and loving. It's helped bring more peace and a greater closeness to our Savior. Truly, we live in a beautiful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment