Sunday, July 28, 2013

As If a Dream...

We just returned from a wonderful family reunion. Many times throughout my life I've been awakened to our fragile state and I'm very conscious of how quickly time will pass us by. I saw pictures of great-great grandparents, many of whom passed away decades ago.

Once again I realized how precious our time on earth really is. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the small or trivial things. Some of those things might APPEAR to be important, but they'll be a distant memory once we cross the veil.

What are you and I doing with the time we have left on earth?

How can we make better use of our time?

Is our time spent on things of eternal significance?

Jacob said something very similar, "I have written according to the best of my knowledge, by saying that the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream" (Jacob 7:26)

Years ago my grandma appeared to my mother and told her that this life will pass by so quickly and that it would only be a short time before we're together again.

As I renew my efforts to serve the Lord and be a righteous husband and father, I hope he'll be pleased with my efforts. I hope that my legacy to my children is one of faith, service, and love. We never know when it might be our last minute or day, so let's make the best of it while we have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment