Tuesday, January 6, 2015

With Wondrous Awe

This morning I woke up at 5:45 a.m. to play racquetball with a close friend. While I waited for him to pick me up, I walked outside to observe the full moon reflecting off the snowy fields behind our house. It was quiet. It was beautiful. It was majestic.

With wondrous awe I stood with amazement looking at the Lord's creations which appear to be beyond number, yet they are somehow numbered to Him. It was a great moment of reflection to consider our place in the universe. How does He govern all of these systems, yet He still notices the sparrow? It is beyond my human mind to grasp the majesty of his kingdom.

Three scriptures that should cause us to think and ponder as we reflect on His creations:

D&C 88:26 "Wherefore, it {speaking of the earth} shall be sanctified; yea, notwithstanding it shall die, it shall be quickened again, and shall abide the power by which it is quickened, and the righteous shall inherit it."

D&C 88:37 "There are many kingdoms; for there is no space in the which there is no kingdom; and there is no kingdom in which there is no space, either a greater or a lesser kingdom."

Abraham 3:11 "And he {The Lord} said unto me: My son, my son (and his hand was stretched out), behold I will show you all these. And he put his hand upon mine eyes, and I saw those things which his hands had made, which were many; and they multiplied before mine eyes, and I could not see the end thereof."

Stars and planets come and go. Galaxies, stars, and planets are organized and disorganized. He is in control of it all.

The Lord can teach and show us all things. What He offers is greater than any earthly treasure. He is truly the light and the way. I love Him. He is my friend and master!

As I contemplate the majesty of the universe, I can't help but to stand in awe while looking at some of the deep space pictures taken by the Hubble telescope. I've posted some of them below. As you view them, keep in mind the scriptures and thoughts written above.












No comments:

Post a Comment