Saturday, May 25, 2013

Temple Names

This is a short and simple post. Yesterday morning we were in the Provo Temple waiting for our session to begin. I noticed the man next to me who took out a pen and wrote down the information for the name he had that day (the name was provided by the temple).

I don't know why he wrote the name, but it sparked a couple of ideas in my own mind:
1. What if we were to take a few minutes after the temple to research the name of the person who we just did the work for? Maybe we wouldn't find anything, but what if we were able to actually learn who the person was? Wouldn't that make the experience more personal?

2. I don't know if this idea would really be worth it, but I wonder if it would be interesting to keep the names, birthplace, and birth date on an excel spreadsheet? Wouldn't that be interesting to go back after 10 years and look at all the different names, dates, and locations where they lived?

I wanted to post that observation, it was interesting and I hadn't ever thought about doing something like that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment