Tuesday, April 14, 2015

40 Day Challenge

When I was TDY in Tampa Bay in 2007, they reorganized a stake. At the Saturday evening session, I remember Elder Zwick asking people to raise their hand to commit to his challenge.

The Challenge:  Prayerfully read every conference talk and come up with at least one action item as directed by the Spirit.

I did that and it was a sweet experience. Oftentimes, it didn't even matter what the person said in their talk, the Spirit would prompt me to do certain things and that challenge changed my life. As I was reading online the other day, I came across a similar challenge and decided to do the same thing again this year.

I invite anyone who would like to have a sweet experience to join me. What do you have to lose by trying this? Regardless of your opinion of the church, the leadership, or anything else, what do you have to lose by prayerfully reading each talk and asking the Lord to give you at least one action item? This would augment any other study of the gospel and will take less than 10 minutes a day.

I can confidently promise a sweet experience to anyone who does this. Are we so set in our opinions and ways that we won't try something new? We often invite people to be open-minded, yet sometimes we are as close-minded as those we are inviting to be open-minded.

For those who would like to join with me, this is a sample flow for the 40 day challenge:


No comments:

Post a Comment