Friday, April 3, 2015

Personal Revelation and the Temple


The primary people who these blog posts are written for are my children and their posterity. After two years, I compile the blog posts and publish them in a book that I distribute to my children and family for their libraries or records. These posts are the equivalent of the "small plates" for my children, grand-children, and great-grand-children.

On that note, I want to share with them an experience that applies to all of us, but became a personal revelation in the Las Vegas Temple.

About two weeks ago, I was in Las Vegas doing a seminar. While there, I attended the Las Vegas Temple (which is filled with so much symbolism...just look at the picture above) on a beautiful Spring evening.

After the session, I had the chance to sit in the Celestial Room for a little more than 30 minutes. It wasn't very long until everyone else had left, so it was just me and the temple worker. I thought to myself, "There are over 1,000,000 people in this valley right now and I have the chance to be in the Celestial Room alone."

I pondered and prayed while looking at a beautiful, large painting of the Savior. While pondering, a clear and distinct thought came to my mind. The thought was what the Savior told Peter in Luke 22:31, "And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat." The difference between the scripture and the temple, was that this was directed towards me! It all of a sudden became very personal.

The full thought was this: "Rob, you have a very important mission left to fill on earth. Be careful, guard yourself, because Satan desires to have thee and sift thee as wheat!"

I imagine the same thing could be said for many people, the difference was, this became very personal. This is the difference between revelation and personal revelation. It can be the same words, but it takes on another level of meaning when it is directed personally at you.

I love the Gospel. Temples are a holy and sacred place and I've had numerous personal experiences within the walls of the temple. We went to the Provo temple this morning, again it was beautiful to watch the sun crest the mountains in the background and beam light over the spire of the temple. I love the Savior. For my posterity, I want them to know that the veil is thin. The Spirit will whisper to us if we tune our hearts, minds, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment